Applicants may submit a Letter of Intent briefly describing the project before submitting a proposal in order to find out if their ideas are potentially fundable by the Foundation.
In applying for grants, the following information should be included:
- Summary statement.
- The specific purpose of the funds requested.
- The need for the project in the community.
- Qualifications of key personnel.
- The amount requested.
- A detailed copy of how the money would be spent.
- A detailed copy of the latest annual operating budget reflecting expenditures and receipts and a statement of assets.
- A statement advising how the grant, if made, can be evaluated with regard to the funds going to the agreed upon purpose and/or the effectiveness of the program.
- Recent grants received and applications pending.
- Names and members of the Board of Directors and their principal occupations.
Evidence that this application has the approval of the Board of Directors: a copy of the minutes of the Board of Directors meeting.
A copy of the organization's Internal Revenue Service federal tax-exempt letter 501(c)(3).
Names, titles and telephone numbers of three professionals familiar with the work of your organization.
After these materials are received, you may be contacted for a visit if your application is accepted for consideration. Only one copy is necessary. Click To See
The general policy of The Abney Foundation is to make grants for innovative and creative projects, and to programs which are responsive to changing community needs in the areas of health, social service, education and cultural affairs. We generally do not fund requests for operating expenses.
Agencies applying for funds should be serving the citizens of South Carolina.
Foundation grants are generally made once a year. Our deadline for receiving proposals is November 15th.
All correspondence should be directed to:
The Abney Foundation
100 Vine Street
Anderson, SC 29621